A ninja warrior course is among the exciting features proposed in a revamp of a popular Pakenham park.
PB Ronald Reserve will soon undergo an extensive upgrade, with the community being asked to comment on the draft plan.
The plan for the reserve on John Street includes:
– A new parkour circuit – or ninja warrior course – and upgraded exercise equipment
– Upgrading and expanding the existing skate park
– Replacing the existing tennis courts with a new bowling green and an open multi-use court suitable for basketball, netball, tennis, soccer.
– Removing the cricket nets to increase space for future events
– A new picnic/barbeque area near the Living and Learning Centre
– Upgrading or replacing existing furniture and shelters
– Relocating the men’s shed to a more suitable location
– Providing new carparking to support amenities including the multi-use court, swimming pool, bowls club and reserve
– Additional carparking through shared use of the CFA running track
– Relocating the remembrance cenotaph and plaques, creating a safer and more accessible location for the community to gather
Cardinia Shire Council has prepared the draft master plan based on community feedback collected during consultation last year.
Mayor Jeff Springfield encouraged community members to have their say.
“I strongly encourage members of our community to contribute their ideas on the draft master plan for PB Ronald Reserve to ensure it’s a place that meets local needs now and into the future,” Cr Springfield said.
Along with seeking community input via an online survey, Council is also consulting directly with key user groups to ensure the draft master plan represents a shared vision for the future of the reserve.
To have your say, click HERE