Kids rejoice! A dozen playgrounds in Casey are being upgraded this year.
The playgrounds will be fully refurbished with new equipment reflective of present-day needs and trends.
The community has also had input into the designs. Last year, the City of Casey asked residents to fill out a survey about what they wanted and needed in their local playgrounds, including the type of play equipment they’d like to see.
Kids were also asked to draw their ’dream playground’.
The installation of the playgrounds are expected to be complete by the end of June 2022.
The 12 playgrounds scheduled for renewal are:
– Banjo Paterson Reserve Playground, Lynbrook
– Berwick Springs Wetland Reserve East Playground
– Bill Hudson Reserve Playground, Berwick
– Bournevale Drive Reserve Playground, Berwick
– Fordholm Road Reserve Playground, Hampton Park
– Highfielde Avenue Reserve Playground, Berwick
– Hunt Club Reserve Playground, Cranbourne East
– James Alexander Reserve Playground, Endeavour Hills
– Melville Park Playground, Berwick
– Merinda Park Playground, Cranbourne North
– Norfolk Drive Reserve Playground, Narre Warren
– Tara Court Reserve Playground, Hallam