Rangebank Primary School is an innovative school in the Cranbourne area that has this year embraced the Cooperative Learning style philosophy.
Our school boasts a very supportive school community which strives for personalised achievement.
At Rangebank we are proud to be a ‘Leader in Me’ school. There are 7 habits that are incorporated in everything we do in the Rangebank community. They are; being proactive, begin with the end in mind, put first things first, think win-win, seek first to understand, then to be understood and synergise. The ‘Leader in Me’ program teaches 21st century leadership and life skills and is based on the idea that every child can be a leader.
Rangebank Primary School strives to:
- Develop the whole student with a Holistic approach to learning
- Improve student learning outcomes in a safe, engaging and caring environment through the use of feedback, individual learning goals and personalised learning
- Prepare students as global citizens in a collaborative environment with 21st century learning who are flexible and adaptive and who strive to make a positive contribution to their community.
- Recognise and develop and foster our student’s social skills to be independent life-long learners who possess an understanding of sustainability and act upon it.
- Recognise and develop student voice and their actions throughout the school.
Rangebank acknowledges our staff, parents and community through:
- Building teacher capacity through constructive feedback and professional development – promoting high quality teaching, encouraging teachers to view themselves as agents of change
- Developing a values system that extends into the community
- Placing Rangebank at the centre of the local community.
Colin Avery PRINCIPAL
“I am the proud Principal of Rangebank Primary School and am enjoying my third year as Principal having been at two local schools beforehand. I have taught at a number of schools including the western district over 30 plus years. My main areas of teaching have been physical education, ICT and classroom teaching, all of which I have enjoyed. I chose teaching because of the challenge that teaching provides – Every day is different.
Our school is moving forward with many new innovations introduced such as flexible learning, cooperative learning,Science and Hindi. Rangebank is proud to say that we are the first school in Australia to teach Hindi from foundation to grade 6.“